Netgear Nighthawk extender is one of the most reliable devices when it comes to accessing a blazing-fast and seamless internet connection. By setting up an extender, you can connect your device to the internet regardless of where you’re sitting inside your house. Not just this but Netgear extenders come embedded with one more special feature about which you have no idea. And that special feature is, Netgear FastLane Technology.
Netgear FastLane Technology is mainly known for maximizing the performance of your Nighthawk extender. Wondering how it does that? To know more about FastLane Technology and how to configure it, walk through this blog post.
So, What Exactly is Netgear FastLane Technology?
This technology basically does the work of boosting the WiFi performance of your Netgear Nighthawk extender. While the FastLane technology option is enabled, you get the privilege of connecting both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands simultaneously.
Additionally, this technology provides a second band to connect the extender and your home router. Enabling Fastlane Technology is the best option for you if you have a thing for HD video streaming and gaming.
After going through these points, are you excited to configure this feature on your Netgear Nighthawk extender? If the answer to the question is yes, scroll down, and continue reading.
How to Configure Netgear FastLane Technology on Your Extender?
In order to configure Netgear FastLane Technology, you need to use a dual-band WiFi router with your Nighthawk extender. Once you’ve ordered a dual-band WiFi router, follow the step-by-step guidelines mentioned below and learn how to enable FastLane technology on your device:
Before getting down to the main deal, it’s important to first configure the hardware of your WiFi range extender. Here are the steps that you need to follow in order to set up the hardware:
- Place your extender in a well-ventilated and clean area.
- Connect the extender to the dual-band WiFi router with a cable.
- Make sure that your WiFi devices are not placed far away from each other.
- Press the Power button on your Nighthawk extender.
Once the LED light turns green, proceed further with the steps to enable FastLane Technology.
Open a Web Browser on Your PC
After configuring the hardware of your device, switch your laptop. Then, launch a web browser of your choice on your system and follow the instructions outlined below
Caution: Do not use an outdated internet browser while trying to access the Nighthawk setup wizard. Otherwise, you won’t be able to enable FastLane Technology on your WiFi extender.
- In the address bar, type mywifiext.net, and hit Enter.
- You can also use the default IP address of your extender to perform Netgear login.
- Once you hit Enter, the Netgear extender login page will appear on your screen.
Log Into Your Netgear Nighthawk Extender
- You’ll be asked to fill in the default admin details of your device.
- So, refer to the Netgear manual and fill in the username and password of the extender.
- Click on the Log In button and go to the Netgear Nighthawk extender setup wizard.
- Look for the Netgear FastLane Technology option.
- Once found, enable it.
- Choose among the options ‘Device-to-extender in 2.4 GHz only and extender-to-router in 5 GHz only’ and ‘Device-to-extender in 5 GHz only and extender-to-router in 2.4 GHz only’.
- As soon as you are done selecting the option of your choice, click on the Apply button.
- Now, wait for the changes to get saved.
Congratulations! In this way, you can easily enable Netgear FastLane Technology on your Nighthawk extender. In case you get stuck at any point while trying to enable this feature on your WiFi device, feel free to reach out to our technical experts at any hour of the day.