Netgear ReadyNAS OS is an online cloud service that you use for ReadyNAS setup to store your videos, photos, and important files on your home network. You can also use ReadyNAS to manage and access data on your ReadyNAS desktop systems. To use the ReadyNAS cloud system, your computer and storage system must have proper Internet access.
Note: If your desktop/laptop and storage system does not have any Internet access, install and run RAIDar utility. RAIDar is a resource CD that comes with your system. It includes versions for MAC, Windows, and Linux OS.
When you discover your system to use ReadyNAS, you can choose between two setup modes:
This setup mode allows you to securely manage and access your ReadyNAS system from anywhere all around the globe, all you just need an Internet connection.
This setup mode keeps your ReadyNAS data available only inside your office or home network. Choosing this setup mode takes you directly to the local ReadyNAS login admin page of your system.
Steps to Setup ReadyNAS storage system
- Visit ReadyNAS web page from any of your preferred web browsers.
- Click the Start button present under Set Up a New ReadyNAS.
- Hit on Discover button
- ReadyCLOUD will automatically detect your ReadyNAS system.
- Hit on the Setup button.
- Click the Setup button.
- Choose the mode that you want to prefer to set up your system.
- Select ReadyCLOUD mode, Sign in to your account with Netgear ReadyNAS default password and username. Now follow the on-screen instructions to set up your ReadyNAS system.
- You can also select Offline Mode. An SSL certificate security warning will pop-up. This SSL warning ensures an encrypted authentication and secure access to the local ReadyNAS login admin page for your storage system. This SSL certificate warning appears because the certificate uses the ReadyNAS self-signed certificate.
- Now, simply accept the certificate. Login prompt displays.
- Enter the ReadyNAS default login credentials and click Log In. You can change the default login credentials when you configure your ReadyCLOUD system. Experts recommend to change the password as soon as possible.
- The local ReadyNAS login admin page displays on your web browser and launches a ReadyNAS setup wizard.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your ReadyNAS system.
To keep your ReadyNAS storage system healthy and risk-free of data loss, follow these rules:
- Try to replace only one disk at a time while the system is in running mode.
- If you need to shut down your system, power it off gracefully, when possible.
We hope that our article about setting up and using your ReadyNAS system will prove quite helpful for you. For more details or any further queries, feel free to contact us. Our highly experienced and talented experts are here to fix the Netgear ReadyNAS setup issues.