Netgear strives hard to serve its users beyond their expectations and to support this, the company introduces new devices every now and then. Netgear ReadyNAS Duo is one of them, which is grabbing the attraction of people who not only want to store all their important docs, videos, or photos in one place but also wish to have control over their data. Let’s get familiar with the storage device.
Netgear ReadyNAS Duo Review: Design
Netgear ReadyNAS Duo is a two-drive storage version that flaunts box shape. The device comes in the usual black color and has a double strip of perforated air vents on each side. On the front, it features a USB port, with the rear featuring a Gigabit Ethernet port and two USB ports. A power button, programmable backup button, and drive indicator lights are also installed at the front of the device.
Netgear ReadyNAS Duo Review: Features
Before you jump to perform ReadyNAS login, let’s reveal some of the best features of the device.
- Offers file sharing over FTP, NFS, AFP, HTTP, HTTPS, CIFS/SBM, Rsync, etc.
- Lets you stream media via iTunes, Slimserver, Home Media Streaming servers, and UPnP AV.
- You can enjoy auto-photo sharing on the Internet.
- UPnP and Bonjour discovery services are being offered.
- Scheduled backups.
- Comes with a USB print server that includes queue management.
- Allows auto copying of your files from a USB drive to a particular folder.
- You can download any file straight to the device using a BitTorrent server.
- Supports UPS management.
- Alerts you via email if something goes wrong.
Netgear ReadyNAS Duo Review: Performance
The overall performance of the NAS storage device is good. It offers decent results in terms of uploading speed for backing up data.
Netgear ReadyNAS Duo: The Pros
ReadyNAS Duo is extremely easy to use and provides complete details about all the features it has under its hood.
Netgear ReadyNAS Duo: The Cons
Though the device is easy to use, rookies might find it difficult to make the most of it. However, for geeks, it can prove to be the best bet for having the backup of their data.
Netgear ReadyNAS Duo Login
We hope that you are now familiar with the device. The next step is to log in to the device. Here’s how:
- Connect the device to your WiFi network.
- Launch a web browser on your system and visit the default web address.
Note: You are recommended to use the browser that is updated to the latest version for avoiding any browser-related issues. Also, consider clearing the junk of cache, cookies, and browsing history from your web browser.
- You would be prompted with a login page.
- Enter the default credentials and hit Log In.
- That’s it! Your ReadyNAS Duo is all set to use.
Note: Once you are done with the Netgear NAS login process, you are suggested to change the default password to something strong and unique for security purposes.
Bonus Tip: Keeping your device up to date with the latest firmware can make it more secure from various flaws related to security.
The Bottom Line
Considering all things, it can be said that Netgear ReadyNAS Duo is a must-have storage device to a household. If you face any issues while using the device, you can contact our experts’ team.