Netgear Nighthawk router not working? Whether it’s not connecting to the internet or not showing up on the network list, our experts can help you get your router running again. In this post, we’ve mentioned some tested and proven ways through which you can easily get rid of the Netgear router not working issue. But, before you learn how to troubleshoot the issue, let’s first make you familiar with the reasons that might have caused it.
Why is Your Netgear Nighthawk Router Not Working?
Here are the most common factors stopping your Netgear Nighthawk router from working:
- The firmware of your home router is not updated.
- The distance between your router and the modem is too much.
- Your router is not well connected to the existing modem.
- The Ethernet cable connecting your WiFi devices is damaged.
- You haven’t set up your Netgear Nighthawk router properly.
- The WiFi signals of your device are getting interrupted.
- The hardware of your router is at fault.
- There is some issue from the end of your Internet Service Provider.
Now that you know why you’re facing the Netgear Nighthawk router not working issue, go through the steps mentioned below to fix the issue.
Resolved: Netgear Nighthawk Router Not Working
Restart Your WiFi Router
Before you do anything else, restart your Netgear WiFi router. Sometimes, a simple restart is enough to get rid of technical issues. So, walk through the steps mentioned below and learn how to reboot your WiFi device:
- Disconnect all the WiFi-enabled devices connected to your home router.
- Switch off your router and unplug it from the wall outlet.
- Let your device rest for a minute or two.
- Now, plug the router back into the socket, and power it on.
Once done, check whether you are able to get rid of the Netgear Nighthawk router not working issue or not. If not, take the help of the next troubleshooting tip.
Update the Firmware
If the firmware of your device is outdated, then you aren’t away from facing issues like Netgear WiFi not working. Therefore, it is recommended that you update the firmware of your router to the latest version by following the instructions given in the user manual.
If you face any issues while trying to update the firmware of your Nighthawk router, get in touch with our well-versed experts.
Keep WiFi Interference at Bay
If the signals of your WiFi device are getting interrupted, then also you can come across the Netgear Nighthawk router not working issue. To troubleshoot the issue, keep your router away from devices like cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, refrigerators, microwave ovens, Bluetooth speakers, etc.
In addition, avoid placing your Nighthawk router in corners and near thick concrete walls.
Perform Factory Default Reset
If you’ve gone through everything on our list of troubleshooting tips but are still stuck with the Netgear Nighthawk router not working issue, then it’s high time that you perform factory default reset.
Follow the guidelines mentioned below to restore your Nighthawk router to the default mode:
- Find the Reset button located on your Netgear Nighthawk router.
- Once found, take a paper clip and press the Reset button.
- Hold the button for some time, then release it.
Performing factory default reset will surely help you resolve the Netgear Nighthawk router not working issue.
Note: You can also reset your home router by accessing Netgear Nighthawk router login page.
The Bottom Line
This was all about how to troubleshoot the Netgear Nighthawk router not working issue. If you are facing the same issue with your WiFi extender, then access the Netgear WiFi extender setup page and reset your device to fix it. In case you face any issues while trying to do so, then reach out to our technicians at any hour of the day.