Netgear is one of the leading companies that manufacture world-class wireless routers. This is the reason why people all across the globe have turned towards Netgear Nighthawk routers when it comes to satisfying their internet-related needs. If you are also looking for a way to give your internet needs a little satisfaction, then it is recommended that you perform Netgear Nighthawk router setup.
With the help of this post, we’ll guide you in setting up a Netgear WiFi router in your home using two different methods. So, let’s get the show on the road.
Netgear Nighthawk Router Setup Via Manual Method
Many people prefer using the Manual method to set up their Netgear routers. You should give it a try too. Follow the guidelines mentioned below and learn how to perform Netgear Nighthawk setup using the Manual method:
- Plug your Nighthawk router into a working wall socket and power it on.
- Wait for the power LED on your device to become solid green.
- Once the power LED turns green, connect the router to the existing modem.
- You can connect your devices using an Ethernet cable. Just make sure that your cable is not worn out or damaged from anywhere.
- Switch on your laptop and launch an internet browser on it. Ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date. Also, clear its cache before proceeding to the next step.
- In the address bar of the internet browser, type routerlogin.net, and press Enter.
- If routerlogin.net doesn’t work in your favor, then consider using the default IP address to log in to your device.
- You will get welcomed by the Nighthawk router login page.
- Enter the default username and password into their respective fields.
Note: Refer to the user manual if you are not sure regarding the default admin details of your Netgear router.
- Click Log In.
- The Netgear Genie smart setup wizard will appear on your screen.
- Follow the on-screen prompts displayed on the Netgear Genie dashboard.
In this way, you’ll easily be able to perform Netgear Nighthawk router setup using the Manual method. If you come across any issues while trying to do so, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our well-versed technical experts.
Netgear Router Setup Using Nighthawk App
If you want to set up your router using your mobile device, then consider using the Nighthawk app. Mentioned below are the step-by-step guidelines that will help you perform Netgear Nighthawk router setup using the Nighthawk application:
Note: The Nighthawk application operates on Android as well as iOS devices.
- Unlock your mobile device and go to the Google Play Store/App Store.
- In the search bar, type Netgear Nighthawk app, and tap the Search icon.
- From the displayed list of results, select the Nighthawk app.
- Tap Download and wait patiently for the application to get installed.
- Once the app gets installed, create a Netgear account using your username, email address, and password.
- Then, log in to your Netgear WiFi router using the default login credentials.
- Tap Log In.
- On the BASIC Home screen, follow the on-screen instructions.
By following these instructions, you’ll be able to perform Netgear router setup using the Nighthawk application.
The Bottom Line
This was all about how you can perform Netgear Nighthawk router setup using the Manual method and the Nighthawk application. We hope that the step-by-step guidelines mentioned in this post will help you configure a wireless router in your home with ease. On the off chance, you get stuck at any point while trying to do so, reach out to our experts immediately.