Troubled by the random internet connection drops with your Netgear WiFi router? Well, that can be annoying. But, do you know that the problem can be fixed with the help of a few troubleshooting hacks? If not, then walk through this post and learn how to get rid of the Netgear router keeps dropping internet issue.
Why Your Netgear Router Keeps Dropping Internet?
Learning the reasons behind the issue will make it quite easy for you to follow the troubleshooting steps. So, let’s shed light on them first. The internet connection drop problem with your Netgear router might have occurred due to the following reasons:
- Your WiFi router is in need of a firmware update
- There is a possibility that the cable connecting your router and modem is on its last legs
- The distance through which your WiFi devices are separated is inappropriate
- Your Netgear WiFi router wants to rest
- A congested WiFi channel is another reason resulting in the Netgear router keeps dropping internet connection
Now that you’ve learned the potential causes behind the issue, let’s get down to the main deal and find out how the internet connection status of the router can be restored to its normal state. However, you can contact our experts in case you do not want to get indulged in the troubleshooting procedure.
What to Do If Netgear Router Keeps Dropping Internet?
1) Upgrade the Router’s Firmware
Update the Netgear router firmware to fix the dropping internet issue. This is to inform you that the firmware update introduces a lot of bug fixes and performance enhancement features to a WiFi router. Here, we’ve highlighted the steps to update the router’s firmware with the help of the Netgear Nighthawk app:
- Perform Netgear router login on the Nighthawk app.
- You will see the router’s dashboard.
- On the Router Settings page, tap the Check for Updates.
- If you get notified about the availability of new firmware, tap Update.
2) Get the Ethernet Cable Replaced
We stated earlier that a worn-out Ethernet cable can also be the factor responsible for creating the Netgear router keeps dropping internet issue. It means you have to pay attention to it. So,
- Replace the cable if it is in its last stage.
- Make the connection finger-tight at the ends of the LAN and WAN ports of your Netgear router and modem respectively.
3) Maintain a Proper Router-Modem Distance
Another step you can take to fix the random internet drops with your Netgear WiFi router is to maintain a proper distance between your WiFi devices (router and modem). Therefore, you are required to keep an eye on the same and ensure that:
- Your Netgear router and modem are not placed too far. This way your devices won’t be able to propagate their signals properly.
- The distance between your devices is not zero. If you do so, then there is a possibility that their signals will get clashed.
4) Give Some Rest to Your Router
Time to give your Netgear router what it needs i.e. some rest! For this, you are supposed to restart it. Know that restarting the device will help you kick off technical glitches. However, ensure that you give your WiFi router plenty of time between the processes of powering it down and up again. Here’s what you need to do to restart the router properly:
- Log in to your Netgear router via routerlogin.net.
- Locate the Wireless Settings option and select the Region.
- Thereafter, select the frequency band (2.4GHz or 5GHz) for which you wish to alter the WiFi channel.
- Select the channel number from the Channel menu.
- Save the changes.
Last But Not Least
So, this was all about the reasons behind and the hacks to fix the dropping internet connection problem with the Netgear router. However, this is not where it ends. You also have to take care of the placement of your router. Just ensure that the router is not sharing its space with devices and objects creating WiFi interference. However, if even after taking care of all these things, your Netgear router keeps dropping internet, you are more than welcome to take the help of our technical team.